Peritoneal Metastases Surgery – UPMC Complex Care Connect™
A leader in peritoneal metastases and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion (HIPEC) cases, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center runs one of the world’s busiest surgical oncology programs.
At our specialized cancer treatment facility, patients have access to world-class treatments backed by best practices and leading-edge protocols. And UPMC Hillman Cancer Center is the only Comprehensive Cancer Center in the region recognized by the National Cancer Institute.
When a hospital partners with us, they increase their array of protocols to treat rare diseases. Patients can receive life-saving treatment at UPMC and have the comfort of knowing they will continue to see their local doctors for post-op and follow-up care.
Patient Benefits of Peritoneal Metastases Surgery at UPMC
Because peritoneal metastasis is one of the most difficult metastatic cancers to treat, it is imperative that patients receive the best care possible. For this reason, 150 to 200 people – more than two-thirds of them from out of state – come to UPMC Hillman Cancer Center for treatment each year.
Patients know they can trust the physicians at UPMC with their lives. Our expertise offers numerous benefits, including:
- Specialized care. At UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, we have a specialty care clinic designated for patients with peritoneal metastases, with inpatient and outpatient care paths available, depending on a patient’s diagnosis.
- Cutting edge research. Being at the forefront of the latest cancer research means patients may be able to take part in clinical trials of the most advanced treatments to date.
- Multidisciplinary approach. Medical and support teams collaborate to develop ongoing, individualized treatment plans for each patient.
To learn more:
- Visit UPMC Hillman Cancer Center to learn more about peritoneal metastases surgery.
- Learn more about HIPEC Treatment
- Managing Aggressive Metastatic Abdominal Cancer
- Understanding the Types of Gynecologic Cancer, Including Primary Peritoneal Cancer
- Peritoneal treatment at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital
Contact UPMC Care Connect
To learn more about our Complex Care Connect or other UPMC Care Connect programs:
- Call our office 412-864-4320.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the contact us form.